Monday, March 23, 2015

36 Weeks



Labor Updates: (Skip this part if you don't want to know anything about dilating or other womanly parts). We are going to the doctor every week now which means we are checking the heart beat, measuring my belly and now checking to see if I'm dilated or effaced. So far I am 0" dilated and 0% effaced. This isn't a huge shock as I was only 35 weeks at my last appointment. Tomorrow will be my 36 week appointment and I'll update this post then :).
*Update* - Yesterday was our 36 week appointment and everything is the same. I'm not dilated or effaced at all. The head is down and resting like a dagger in my pelvis. And she checked the amniotic fluid on the ultrasound machine and said it looks great! We are also measuring average so we're not expecting a giant baby which I have to say is awesome! ;)

Please ignore my fat swollen face. Sorry you have to see that.
How far along: 36 weeks
Total weight gain: 43 lbs. - Thanks water retention swelling weight. Awesome.
Sleep: I dread going to sleep. My whole body swells and it hurts. I seriously consider if I have to go to the bathroom that bad or if I can wait it out a little bit because my feet hurt so bad and walking to the bathroom is just too far.
Sickness: Nope
Cravings: sandwiches.
Make me queasy: Yogurt of any kind
General Symptoms: OMG THE SWELLING! I am so tired of feeling enormous. I hate feeling like my face looks like I was stung by thousands of bees. And having my throat feel like there is something constantly stuck in it. It makes it hard to eat. I also broke down and bought compression socks...I'm officially 165 years old.
Miss anything: SANDWICHES - roast beef, salami, meat in general
Maternity Clothes: Same ole' same ole'.
Movement: All the time! Though it seems to be different every day. I just keep telling myself that as long as it's moving strong I don't care when it moves. We are so close now!
Gender Prediction: Boy. Can't wait to find out!

Names I like at the moment:
I think we've decided! Middle names are next, we kinda forgot about those ;)
       Girl: Claire
       Boy: Jack

The baby is now the size of a Honeydew, the less delicious cousin of Cantaloupe. It's skin is getting softer and it's gums are hardening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment