Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Babies and the Outdoors

Over the long 4th of July weekend Max and I decided to take Jack out on his first hiking adventure! This would also be my first hiking adventure postpartum. While I was excited to see Jack in the outdoors and get out of the ridiculous desert heat, I was a little nervous as I haven't done anything physically demanding for a while :). 



Now since my husband runs his own outdoors blog, Lesser Places, we all knew the overlapping day would be coming soon and now it is upon us. If you want to check out the places he's gone with and without Jack go check it out. Plus I'm in some of his pictures, YAY! :).


Back to the hike...

To get out of the heat we had to go up North so we headed NE towards the Mt. Baldy Wilderness. It was about a 3 hour drive and we left pretty early since we decided to try fishing the little stream along the trail.


Max packed up the hiking gear, the camera gear, and the fishing gear. He also volunteered to carry Jack in the moby wrap, which we all know I just can't get enough of, while I carried all of my stuff and Jack's stuff. It's true Max got the heavier end of the stick but he's bigger so HA!



The trip started off good. Jack slept the whole way up there and through most of the hike, but once we stopped to fish it threw of his groove, and like emperors you never throw off a babies groove. And since we didn't have any luck with the fish anyway we packed up and decided just to hike the trail instead of fish it.


It was a beautiful day and Jack was doing so well as long a we were moving. All in all it was a lot of fun and we got the hang of how to take a baby hiking. Even if it does mean that Max has to hold his head with one hand the whole time because he refuses to put it in the wrap ;).


Looking forward to our next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment