Monday, December 14, 2015

Advent Calendar How-To

Here's how I made that spectacular Advent Calendar ;)

What I bought :
1 - 3 Canvas Books
2 - Red and Green paint (I got Brick and Forest)
3 - Brushes
4 - Twine (Similar - I got mine in the $1 section at the front of Target so maybe check their first)
5 - Santa (I got mine in the $1 section at the front of Target)

This all came out to about $35. It wasn't the cheapest project because I had to buy everything and didn't have anything at home to use but I think it was worth it. And it's not that much more expensive than buying one and I get to have it exactly how I want it and that was worth it to me.

1 ) Take the rings out of the books and count out your pages. There are only 8 inner pages to each book which makes 24 so I cut the front/back cover piece in half and used it for the 24th and 25th since they are bigger. This left one inner page and 2 cover pieces.

2) Use one of the left over canvas pieces and practice your numbering.

3) I cut my foam brush to make it smaller so my numbers weren't so crowded. If you use a regular brush instead of a foam brush you may not have to do this. It's all up to you!


4) Paint a number on each canvas piece. I alternated between red and green but you can do it however you want!

5) Let all the paint dry, especially out of reach of tiny baby hands ;)


6) String your twine through each grommet on the canvas page. I did 7 numbers on each string but this can really depend on your space. Smaller spaces might have less across and more down. Large walls might need more across and less down. The great thing about this is that its changeable. Maybe you have a small apartment now and do it one way but in a few years you move into a giant house and you can do it another way!

7) Hang up each line of numbers.

8) Clip you're token on the right number and enjoy!





Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment