Thursday, November 9, 2017

Henry's 1 Month Update

Weight: ~ 8lbs

Length: ~23"

Loves: Sleeping on our chests and being snuggled. He loves to be as warm as possible. At night we always have him in footie pajamas, swaddled, and an extra fuzzy blanket over his lower half. The only way to get him to sleep is to snuggle him against us in as many blankets as possible.

Hates: Diaper changes. But the one thing he hates more than anything, which is kinda weird, is being laid down flat. Every time I try to lay him in the bassinet or under his jungle gym he just screams at the top of his lungs. But as soon as you fold a tiny blankie or burp cloth and put it under his head like a tiny pillow he quiets right down. Weirdo.

Milestones:  He's learning how to be awake. He's having more awake periods but gets really frustrated when he can't figure out how to go back to sleep. He's enjoying listening to us and is starting to see farther and farther away.

Sleep: He does ok. He sleeps 3-4 hours which isn't terrible but I can't wait until we hit the magic 6 hr mark.

Eating: I'm so pleased to say that he's doing really well with breastfeeding! He eats every 2-3 hrs during the day and 3-4 at night. He has a great latch and my supply is significantly greater this time around. It also helps that he actually cries for food instead of us force feeding him and trying to wake him up. He's like clock work and it has made such a difference!

I also joined a breastfeeding support group at my hospital and that has given me such peace of mind. It's run by a lactation consultant and she answers all my questions. We start by weighing the babies, then we all feed our babies, talk, enjoy adult time, then we re-weigh them. This tells us exactly how much they ate and if they are thriving. Henry seems to be consistently eating about 2 oz. I love this group so much and plan to keep going even after returning to work.

I am also pumping to keep a good stash in the fridge for when I go back to work. This has been going so well and I think I'll have a good amount before I return.

This is such a difference from Jack and I couldn't be more happy. Keep it up Henry!

Teething: Nope, thank god!

No comments:

Post a Comment