Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy Halloween!

I can't believe Jack's first Halloween is already over! This is my favorite time of year...surprised? Who doesn't love this time of year? I like my old, lived in, cozy year as apposed to the new year. Nobody likes January!

Anyway...This year was extra special because it's all Jack's first holidays.

Saturday started off a bit rocky because Max blew out a tire while searching for a great camping spot to take his class on a field trip next weekend. Well one new tire isn't a big deal. But since he has an all wheel drive car you have to get four new tires so they are all the same and your drive train doesn't explode. So that was a rough hit to our budget. But we weren't going to let it ruin our holiday.

After I picked him up from Discount Tire we headed to the grocery store to pick up a pumpkin and some candy. Late on the pumpkin train...yes, but it's Max's family tradition to carve the pumpkin the day of and since I get to have all my Christmas traditions he can have this one. And it gets done either way so that's all that matters.

Jack obviously couldn't help us carve the pumpkin but he could play in the pumpkin guts like a pro! Isn't he the cutest!


After we got the JACK-o-lantern (See what I did there? :) ) carved we got all dressed up and headed out for some pictures.

Can you tell what we are?


The most depressing was when little kids asked me what I was when I handed them their candy at the door. When my answer of a 1960's girl and/or Austin Powers wasn't helpful, it made me feel really old :). But Jack made the best mini-me so it was worth it!

We didn't take him trick-or-treating since he's too little to eat the candy anyways and we wanted to make sure that we passed out candy to kids that could enjoy it. Besides once the sun went down Jack was out like a light anyway.

We stayed up watching Austin Powers (what else?!) and passing out candy. It was a great Halloween.

I hope you guys had as much fun as we did!


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment