Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving Weekend / My Birthday

Hi All!!

It has been a while, too long if I do say so myself.

The Thanksgiving weekend was a bit crazy so posting was down on my list of to-do's but I'm back now and all is well :).

Jack's first Thanksgiving was perfect! Max's sister Amanda was in town from Texas, and she hasn't seen Jack since August so he had a few new moves to show her :). And some of the rest of the extended family that came in for the holiday had never met Jack in person so it was really special. He got passed around and "ooed" and "awwwed" over.

I got to put him in what was quite possibly the cutest Thanksgiving outfit ever and we got to sit outside and enjoy the weather. It was a cool 50 something day here in the desert and it was amazing. We spent the holiday at Max's Aunt's house which is picture perfect. It's a gorgeous house with horse property, which means of course, horses! Jack got to meet the horses and touch them, he was so fascinated by the giant animals. Before this the biggest thing he's ever seen is Honey :). He also got to "ride" on their goat, Gracie. It was so much fun. I didn't get any pictures though because I was so busy trying not to drop him in horse poop or get him stepped on. But you'll just have to take my word for it that it was one of the most adorable things ever.

We took some great pictures and had some great food. His first real holiday was so much fun!





Saturday was my birthday celebration. My birthday was technically Sunday but who wants to celebrate on Sunday? This year I decided that all I wanted was a nice long date with Max. So we dropped Jack of with the grandparents at 3 and headed out. We were supposed to go to As You Wish which is a pottery painting place but it was all booked so we had to come up with a different plan. So we headed over to Dave & Busters. For those that know we had our wedding reception there and it was so much fun but I think that was the last time we were there (over 3 years ago now) so the games were a bit different and it was so much fun. After that we went to dinner at the Yard House and had some great food and conversation. We even split the greatest dessert, which we never do.

The last thing on my birthday to-do was a movie. Surprised right? :) We ended up seeing The Good Dinosaur which was super cute and a lot of fun.

I'm so glad Max and I got the chance to have a little alone time and I'm sure the Grandparents enjoyed every second of private Jack time; even if he was fussy the whole time :).


I spent my actual birthday decorating for Christmas which was perfect! I love Christmas, more than pretty much anything. And this is also Jack's first which made it that much more special. We still have to go pick out a good stocking for Jack and a "My First Christmas" ornament but it was perfect none-the-less. I can't wait!!!!

I hope you all had a great weekend too!

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment