Monday, January 11, 2016

Jack's First Christmas

Hello Again!

I know it's been forever since we've talked but with holidays, vacations, the new year, and getting back to work, it has been a total whirl wind around here.

So let's start this post off with some fun Christmas recap!

As you know every year Max and I trade which holidays with which family. This year was Thanksgiving in AZ and Christmas in CA. That meant we had to make the long 11 hr. pilgrimage to San Jose. Sure enough as soon as we start out Jack starts screaming. Not a cute baby cry but a red face, streaming tears, ear piercing scream. We had left around 3PM which was only 1 hr before his next bottle. So 30 minutes down the road we had to pull over and give him a bottle. He wouldn't drink it in the car seat like we thought he would but nothing is easy with a baby I guess. When we stopped for dinner we let Jack "drive" so he could stretch his legs and eat some too.


Once we were finally all settled and day faded to night and Jack fell asleep, the drive was easy. Time consuming but easy. We got to my parents house around 1AM because of the time change (whoo hoo) and Jack thankfully fell right back asleep after the hustle and bustle of getting in the door.

Let the Christmas festivities begin!

We basically hung around for a few days cooking and baking until the day. I was probably more excited than anyone but I have a baby now so it's acceptable :). He sat at the top of the stairs per tradition and we took tons of pictures. His stocking was super full and he even grabbed a few toys out before I had to help him :). Even though he didn't know what was going on his face was priceless. He was so excited that everyone else was excited and what can beat a whole tower of toys!


Yes that's a poop emjoi pillow on his butt :)




Santa and family were very good to him. He got many toys and so far he has enjoyed all of them. The big present was a walker from Santa. If he could live in it I'm sure he would :). My family soaked up every minute with him and he never got a single second to himself. But I don't think he would complain. During this trip he also figured out how to speed army crawl. Usually he would pull himself around a 5 ft. radius but one day I put him in the family room with some toys and the next thing I knew he was under my feet in the kitchen. He hasn't stopped since. He looks like a little worm just pushing and pulling himself along and man is he quick! He learned, grew, and changed so much over this short trip.




The rest of the trip was spent setting up and playing with toys and counting down the days with my family. It was so nice to see everyone and for them to enjoy the time with Jack. I already miss them and I can't wait to see them again. Though I'm sure Max isn't quite as excited ;).


The trek home was much easier than the first time. He slept pretty much the whole way and only cried when the car stopped moving. I swear that kid knew exactly when the tires stopped it's like he was sitting back there thinking "I sense a disturbance in the force".


The weirdest part was that we got home around 3AM and I put Jack to bed right away dumped the stuff from the car on the floor and collapsed expecting him to wake up around 7. I didn't set an alarm and figured he would wake me up. I woke up suddenly at almost 9!! I ran into his room and he was just sleeping soundly. I couldn't believe it! He has never slept that late especially since he slept the whole drive. But I wasn't complaining :).

It was a wonderful Christmas vacation and I'm already excited for the next. I hope you all had a great vacation too.

More posts to come on my newest present (you should be excited) and Jack's 9 month update! So stay tuned and I promise not to leave you for that long again :)

Happy New Year!


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment