Thursday, August 10, 2017

29 Weeks - Baby Wilson #2


How far along: 29 weeks
Total weight gain: 18 lb.
Sleep: Getting harder and harder. The bump is bigger this time and already so uncomfortable. I get up at least 2-3 times to pee and shift positions.
Sickness: nope.
Cravings: FRESH FRUIT
Make me queasy: nothing really.
General Symptoms: stretching pains, heartburn, and general uncomfortableness. The bump is bigger this time around and it's already feeling huge and heavy. When I walk I generally keep a hand under the bump to hold it up because it feels like it's pulling on my skin. Sitting, standing, walking, generally being a live is very uncomfortable these days. Trying to play with Jack on the floor is damn near impossible and getting comfy on the couch is even worse. I also have this TERRIBLE pain on my skin on the top of the bump. I don't know if it's because the bump is getting heavy and pulling on that top skin or if it's a nerve issue but OMG it feels like a chaffed sunburn. Just the thought of touching that section of skin sounds painful. I rub lotion on it twice a day and try to hold back the screams as I do but it only mildly helps. But this too shall pass and I know I'll miss being pregnant again one day.
Miss anything: BLUE CHEESE and salami sandwiches. I dreamt last night about a huge salami sandwich with mustard and pickles. It was amazing and maybe my first post birth hospital meal.
Maternity Clothes: A few new dresses and a t-shirt from Motherhood. They had a Buy 1 get 1 free deal that I couldn't resist.
Movement: I had a small panic attack last week because it usually moves so much I get frustrated and annoyed and for 2 days it had only moved once and it was a very tiny flutter like back in the early days. So after a crazed text to Max he told me to call the Dr.... well they were closed. So I called the after hours triage nurse and she was super helpful. She gave me an at home test to do and told me exactly how many kicks I should be feeling in a give time frame. I completed the test exactly how she explained it that night and everything is fine. And now if I ever feel that way again I know what to do instead of just Googling "decreased fetal movement" and crying my eyes out.
Gender Prediction: Girl, totally and utterly convinced.


Dr. Appointment Update : at 28 weeks we did the glucose test. Since I haven't heard anything I'm assuming I passed and don't have to do the 3 hr test which is wonderful. Next week we go back in for our last ultrasound to check on the placenta previa. Fingers crossed it's moved enough for a healthy vaginal delivery!


Old Wives Tales:
Morning Sickness : No / Yes
Cravings : Salt Sweet
Chinese Calendar : Boy / Girl
Heart Beat : Low / High
Belly : Low High
Skin : Better Worse
Attitude : Happy Moody

It's all adding up to : GIRL



Names I like at the moment:
       Girl: Olivia ------ I think Max has come around but he still sounds a little hesitant so we'll see :)
                 But we still have these on the list just in case : Eliza, Felicity, Violet, Ruby, Fiona, Hazel, Penelope, Claire, Molly, Brooke.
       
        Boy: Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment