Wednesday, February 11, 2015

30 Weeks

At last week's appointment I had the dreaded glucose test. But I have to say after reading dozens of blogs that tell you how terrible it is and how much you will hate your life during it, it really wasn't that bad. I had a fruit punch flavored drink instead of the orange flavor that a lot of people talk about which maybe made a difference; I don't know. But it tasted like really sweet juice. They also took it right of the fridge so it was SUPER cold. They make you drink the whole thing in under 5 minutes to basically make sure you jam pack as much sugar in your blood as possible. Then an hour later they take your blood to determine how your body dealt with it. The test is to determine whether or not you have gestational diabetes. My Dr. goes with the "no news is good news" rule. So since I haven't heard from them in over a week I am assuming everything came back fine. I have another appointment a week from now so I'll probably ask then just to make sure :). But all in all it was super easy and not nearly as terrible as I was envisioning. 




How far along: 30 weeks
Total weight gain: 24 lbs.
Sleep: Constantly waking up to roll over and stretch out my hips.
Sickness: Nope
Cravings:BREADS! Nice soft, doughy, buttery, breads.
Make me queasy: Yogurt of any kind and too many sweets
General Symptoms: Ever since this pregnancy started I have been having this tingling feeling on my rib cage under my right boob. It has gradually turned into pain, and then into a burning feeling. Like needles being poked into a sunburn. I asked the dr. and apparently like 5% of pregnant women get this and there is no real explanation - oh good. So the only solution I have is ignoring it or when it's really bad putting aloe gel on it to soothe the burning. So if any of you are also experiencing this I am sorry and maybe try some aloe.
Miss anything: SANDWICHES - roast beef, salami, meat in general
Maternity Clothes: Just the same maternity jeans and tops and I still mix in some old stretchy favorites
Movement: Pretty good. After writing the last time that it seemed to have slowed down the baby sensed it and is now moving a lot. It does take some days off but for the majority it moves pretty strong and constant.
Gender Prediction: I go back and forth. I think I'm going to switch to team boy for a while and try to make it even ;)

Names I like at the moment:
Girl: Claire, Olivia, Charlotte (Charlie), Lucy
Boy: Jack, Edward (Ed, Eddie), Nathan (Nate), Neal, Luke

The baby is now the size of an cucumber. Clearly they mean in length and not in weight since the baby now weights about 3lbs. And a 3lb cucumber would definitely win some awards :). The baby is now strong enough to grasp one of our fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment