Thursday, February 19, 2015

New Camera

A few days ago I officially got my new mom camera! I am so excited to start taking pictures of our little family. And it's so much nicer than my 5 yr. old point and shoot.



Back in 2010 Max picked up photography when he did his Biology Master's thesis over in Tibet. There were just too many cute animals and beautiful scenery to not have a nice camera so we picked him up a DSLR before he left.

Now three cameras later he is some what of an armature expert in photography. Certainly better than me since I usually use my phone which is cracked so all the pictures are grainy (hence these ones, they'll be better now!).

After extensive research (we are nerds after all) Max told me to chose between the Sony RX100 point and shoot or the Sony a5100. I ended up getting the Sony a5100. It's a bit bigger but seemed to fit me the best. I won't go into the details because I only vaguely understand them myself but basically it's pretty sweet.


It takes great pictures and is easy to use for a novice like me. It has super cool features to help you with focus, lighting, motion, etc. that make me feel like a true photographer and make my pictures look much nicer :).


If you want more details on the differences between the two camera's we were debating (Sony RX100 and the a5100) let me know. If I get enough requests I'll have Max do a guest post to fill you all in :).

No comments:

Post a Comment