Monday, June 22, 2015

Father's Day

As you all know yesterday was father's day! I scooped Jack up in the morning and left Max to catch some extra sleep since were out late the night before for his belated birthday celebration. Clearly this weekend was all about him :). I thought about making some pancakes and serving them to him in bed but frankly I was just too tired from the night before. Wife fail #1.

Then it was off to swim lessons while Max worked on presents for his dad and grandfather. Swim lessons were filled with dads; some that wanted to be there and some maybe not so much. But I'm not going to lie I did ask Max if he wanted to go too. After we got home and I got Jack bathed and put into his Team Dad onesie it was present time!

I am a sentimental person. I love having keepsakes that I can look back on and reminisce, but Max not so much. O' well.  Now Max doesn't wear ties to work; he works in a lab at ASU in biology...he wears more Indiana Jones type outfits. But it's father's day so I thought hey why not. So I went to Goodwill and picked up a goofy tie for $2. It's bright blue and has a zipper that closes around your neck instead of tying. Perfect! I told him that we would get him a tie every year and take a picture then he and Jack and future babies will have something to look back on when they're older. He seems less enthused but I think it's adorable so happen it will.

Here is year #1. He unzipped it all the way so he could fit Jack's head in there too. What a nerd.



Max also got a "real" present since he got me my new Surface 3 for Mother's day. I got him these hiking boots he has been drooling over for months now. They didn't come until today so a picture of them had to suffice yesterday. Now I've already been told I bought the wrong version as there are two kinds to pick from but with free shipping and free returns it's not a big deal. He can try these ones on and make sure the fit is right and then we'll get the right ones ordered. Wife fail #1.5.
(update: you can check out a review of these boots at Max's blog Lesser Places)

We spent the rest of the day at his parent's house with the whole Wilson clan. Max gave the picture of all 4 generations of men that we took a few weeks after Jack was born to his grandfather.  It meant so much to him, it was the perfect gift.


Hope all the dads, grandpas, and great grandpas had a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment