Monday, June 15, 2015

Pool Party

It was a wild weekend over here. We are a little water logged from all the pool time fun we had. Saturday was our friend's birthday pool party. Because we were the only ones there with a baby Jack got a lot of attention and was such a little player with a harem of women cooing at him.


We were a little worried since it was 103 degrees, stupid desert, but the water was nice and cool and shaded so it was amazing! Jack got to wear his new swimsuit and hat and I even jerry-rigged a floaty that he could sit in.

Many people and pediatricians recommend that babies don't go into direct sunlight or wear sunscreen for the first 6 months. So please do whatever is right for you and your baby and in no way am I saying to rebel against your doctors. But this is Arizona and the sun is hard to avoid since we have 300+ sunny days a year so we did what we could. We bought him this swimsuit and 3 re-usable swim diapers. I liked the suit because it's rated up to 50+UPF and covers his whole body. We obviously got him the 3-6 month one. It goes all the way down to his ankles and wrists. And because he has the two palest parents ever we also used an all natural mineral sunscreen just in case. And of course he had a hat to protect his eyes and head. I dare say he was super cute :)



Because holding him all day is a bit tiring and there is no shade in a pool I tried to find a float with an umbrella we could use. This was extremely difficult since they are all made for 6+ month old babies. So I read some reviews and thought I would give one a try. I went to babies-r-us and picked up a SwimWays Baby Spring Float. I thought I could figure out a way to make it work for him and if not then at least we'd have it already when he got older. In the end though I was able to jerry-rig it to work for him. I took a hair tie and tied up the bottom mesh part so it was flat instead of a seat. And then we just laid him in there and he loved it! He didn't cry or squirm at all. He just laid in it and enjoyed seeing everyone's face and relaxing. I was SO HAPPY that it worked it was a real life saver.


I also got myself a new swimsuit since I don't feel quite ready for a bikini and our Mommy and Me swim lessons seemed like a one-piece kinda thing. But I still wanted one that was cute and looked good; I may be a mom but I'm still 25 :). So I thought this one was perfect. It has a fun print and showed off the parts of my new body I like the most ;).


We had our first swim lesson on Sunday and it was so much fun! More to come on that later :).

Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment