Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Annual Cabin Trip #3

It's been super crazy around here and I just haven't had the time to post as much as I want. But I promise I am trying to get back on track!

Last month the Thursday Crew made our annual trip to the cabin. The first trip was when I was 10 weeks pregnant, the second was when Jack was 6 months, and now he's almost a year and a half. Time sure does go crazy fast!
Bottom Left: 10 weeks preggers
Bottom Right: Jack is 6 months
Top: Jack is 17 months

Max and I had to work on Friday so we couldn't leave until 5:00 and we got up there right at bed time....which would be awesome except Jack slept the whole ride up so he was in no mood to sleep. So we stayed up late playing, running around, and enjoying the cool night as we waited for the rest of our friends.

As everyone arrived Jack started getting grumpy so I started the painful process of getting jack to sleep in a new place. He never does well and I expected hours of crying and cursing under my breath but leave it to that stinker to do something unexpected. After all the regular routine was over I laid down on the floor next to his pack-and-play for like 10-15 minutes and he was out like a light. I couldn't believe my luck. He even slept in the next morning until 6:30.


While no one else thought that was "sleeping in" Max and I were ecstatic :). He left to do some fly fishing and Jack and I hung out on the porch with the dogs until it was time for breakfast. The morning was so cold and breezy. It was amazing after the hot summer we've been having in the valley.


After Max got back and we had an amazing breakfast (shout out to the Tippins'!) the girls headed off on our walk and the boys headed to the shooting range. I thought I could let Jack walk along side us and burn off some energy but he refused to hold my hand.


Every mom just rolled her eyes and giggled in solidarity.


We spent the rest of the day playing games and watching Jack enjoy the outdoors.


It was pretty warm up there especially with no air conditioning so it was a no pants, diaper only kinda day.

As day time gave way to night Jack spent most of the time indoors to avoid the bugs and only venturing out to enjoy some s'mores over the grill.

We had so much fun just like always and I can't wait for next year!




PS - Chrome users. I noticed there might be some issues viewing the blog so if you are experiencing this I'm sorry and I am desperately trying to fix it.



No comments:

Post a Comment