Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Dad Comes to Visit

This past weekend my dad drove all the way from the Bay Area in CA for a short visit and it was so nice to have some of my family around.

Besides just coming to see me, which of course was his main priority ;-), he also was on a mission to deliver us a reclining chair. My parents bought all new living room furniture and I jokingly said, "I would love to have that red reclining chair for the nursery!" A few weeks later I got a phone call from my dad saying he was going to load up the chair and bring it down and what weekend would work best for us. After realizing there was no stopping him, and getting the chair was a pretty awesome deal, we picked out a weekend.

We also thought that if he was going to be here during football season, which my dad and I are completely in to, we might as well go to an ASU game (my alma mater of course). So all three of us (4 if you count the bump) jumped onto the light rail and went down to Tempe.


On our way to the game on the light rail. Go Devils!





Of course my dad spared very little expense so we were in row 27 almost on the 50 yard line. It was awesome.



The game was epic!!! By the end we were tied and it went into overtime.

Note: The way overtime works is whoever goes first gets possession on the 25 yard line. They have one set of downs to score, either with a field goal or touch down. The second team then gets possession on the same 25 yard line and has a chance to match or do better than the other team. So if the first team gets a field goal then the second team has to get a touch down to win.

We held Utah to only a field goal. We were sure they were going to make it since they have one the best kickers I have ever seen. This meant we had to get a touch down to win. By some miracle the kicker misses! But apparently the Utah coach called a time out first and the kick was void. So after the time out they set up again and the kicker misses again!!! At this point I am jumping up and down and don't even care how much that hurts. So now it's our turn. A field goal wins it. On 4th down we set up for the kick...

THE KICK IS GOOD. WE WIN!!!! 

On our way home after the win


I guess this is a lucky baby :)

No comments:

Post a Comment