Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Weekend bbq

This past weekend was very nice and relaxing. I haven't feel like I have had a true weekend off in a while so this weekend was awesome.

Saturday we had my friend from my old job and her family over for dinner. The have graciously given us a boat load of baby stuff and were dropping off the final pieces. So a BBQ dinner for their family was the least we could do. Max woke up early and got the smoker going so we could have some pulled pork sandwich and sausages. Even though I woke up shortly after him because I was so hungry and he was making so much noise it didn't seem to bother me. We spent the nice sunny day watching tv, cleaning, and smoking delicious food.





Honey waiting for everyone to get here!

Having them over was so much fun! We haven't been able to get together for a while just due to holidays and schedules. It was also nice to hang out with their two kids; they have a 4 yr. old daughter and an almost 2 year old son. It was like a small practice run in our house. Finding out the weak points were where they could get into trouble. And not to mention just how cute and adorable they are. I felt weird picking up and snuggling with someone else kid all day but they didn't stop me so I rolled with it. Who can resist kiddos?!

We watched some Disney movies which never bothers me seeing as I have a massive collection going. And the best part was their daughter asked to watch Aladdin (my all time favorite movie) without me even mentioning it to her. I was trying really hard not to quote the movie the whole time but some parts I just can't resist :). Max of course did great with their son, picking him up, letting him eat off his plate, keeping his curious mind and hands away from the smoker and oven.



Sunday was a pretty boring but restful day. Max spent the whole day with him mom helping her edit some work papers so I spent the day watching Netflix, crocheting the baby blanket (check out the tutorial tab soon to see it and a how-to), and eating delicious left overs. Even though by the end of the night I had a massive headache from staring at the tv all day it was worth it to have a couch potato day.

Hope you had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment