Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I can't believe it's 2015 already! And that I am finally in the same year as my baby's birthday. I am beyond excited to meet this bundle of joy.

I know I am a little behind on the Holiday post but Christmas was so hectic with seeing family, showing off the bump ;-), running around to see everyone, and trying to edit all the awesome pictures below :).

We spent Christmas in AZ with Max's family this year and it was super busy but fun. Max's 16 yr. cousin Katie (Yes this is the third Katie in our family; My sister, his cousin, and my best friend. Context clues are key lol) from CA stayed with us since we are slightly cooler than Max's parents. Though I'm not sure a pregnant cousin-in-law who falls asleep at like 9-10PM is really that cool :).

Christmas Eve we opened all the presents from Max's family over at their house and had a small gathering that night for dinner and a movie. Of course we watched Christmas Vacation, a classic. Max's parents got me "Mommy-and-me" swim lessons and I am sooooo excited!! I love swimming and it will be a great way to meet other mommies and babies. And I wanted to start the baby swimming young since everyone and their mother has a swimming pool in Phoenix, gotta keep the baby safe!

Christmas morning was just Katie, Max and I. Opening all the presents on Christmas morning is my family's tradition and I am unwilling to it give up. So I carved some time out before leaving to see the rest of the family for just Max and I (and Katie of course since she was staying with us) to open presents from each other and Santa :).
Pictures to come soon! Work has gotten in the way of editing and deleting the ones that are not as flattering :)

That night we went over to Max's Aunt's house. The whole extended family was there and children everywhere. And we finally got to meet the newest addition to the clan, Aaron! Max's cousin had her second baby on December 18th. He was the cutest little one week old. Until our baby arrives of course ;-).

Our New Years celebrations were much quieter which is how I like it. New Years is probably the worst holiday ever in my opinion. I love my old year. The end of the year festivities are my favorite; Halloween, Thanksgiving, my birthday, and Christmas. So New Years, which basically rubs in my face that the fun parts are all over, is not really my favorite. But I had a good time anyway.

We went over to a friends house to play an Oregon Trail drinking game. This may sound stupid but it was pretty epic. We all grew up with the old Oregon Trail game that had terrible god-forsaken graphics and awful music. It was a staple of our childhoods. Well recently one of our friends had found the game on the internet and we were all dying to re-live those glory days...with a little adult humor thrown in. So a drinking game was born. Of course I played the game with rootbeer. It has "beer" in the name after all :). We all remember this game being impossible; some of us never reached Oregon when we played it as 6-10yr olds. But apparently we are better as adults because we won on our second try.

The Oregon Trail claims its first victims











Max trying to decide where to go next on the trail




Max made it across the river safely!!

Beau showing off his scarf after he died on the Oregon Trail




Taking a drink for something bad that happened on the trail :)


Showing off the bump in a sparkly dress :)



Victory!


At midnight we clinked glasses of champagne (sparkling grape cider for me) and kissed our loved ones. Max even rubbed the belly at midnight to make sure it felt included :). What a sweetie.

I hope everyone had a great Holiday Season and a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment