Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Sierra Anchas

Ok this is a little behind but a few weekends ago Max and I woke up and decided that we didn't just want to sit around the house like bumps on a log so Max came up with the great idea of having a picnic beside a creek in the Sierra Anchas (a mountain range in Eastern Arizona). Max always brags that its one of his favorite places in the state and it was a great chance to get out and try my new camera.

He told me there was going to be a nice creek, cool weather (sorry rest of the US), and a beautiful water fall.

 Don't judge my photos too harshly. I'm a newb. I also got the camera without a view finder and the screen was hard to see in the sun light. Again sorry rest of the US :)


We packed up the dogs, made some sandwiches and headed out. It was about a 2 hr. drive and of course we had to stop several times to let me go to the bathroom but we weren't in any rush and Max was very nice about it. I have never seen that part of the state so it was cool to get to see something new.

The creek was so gorgeous and the weather was amazing. I even got to bust out a hoodie to cut the breeze. We enjoyed some PB&J's beside the creek while the dogs attempted to drink it dry :).
 
We were then going to drive to the top of the waterfall but the road was still closed from "winter". I told Max that if we took it slow we could walk to the top. It was a nice road so it wasn't difficult just uphill and baby's head seemed to love to rub up against my pelvic bone every time I took a step. While it was more difficult than it would have been 8 months ago; it wasn't bad. Max was great with letting me stop and rest when I need to during this pathetically short hike and Honey's herding skills kept me going and in line. It was a team effort :).

Just a man and his dogs...


But baby and mom made it to the top!


Before I was pregnant Max and I used to take long drives around the state to see and do different things and I have missed that. It was such a great way to spend a Saturday. And who doesn't love a little adventure time ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment