Thursday, March 12, 2015

Work Outing

Last week my boss took the whole accounting team out for a bonding event. We have recently gone through a software conversion and it has been a little rough on all of us so it was a great way to get out of the office and pat us on the back a little for surviving.
We decided to bond over painting. There is this great spot in Scottsdale called Brush Bar where everyone gets instructed on how to paint a certain painting and can have a drink from the bar. I was really nervous at first because well I'm not a painter and I thought it would just be embarrassing but it turned out to be a ton of fun.
We got to choose the one we wanted in advance since we were a private party. We chose one called "love birds" it was pretty and seemed easy :). We got our paint colors and a drink from the bar (Shirley temple for me) and sat down awaiting instructions. The girl that led the class was really fun and encouraging. She told us what colors to mix and showed us how to do certain parts and was generally really helpful and most importantly not judgmental :).

Once we got to the end we had two love birds sitting on a branch looking off into the distance. I was amazed that mine came out not too terribly. I was so pumped about my skills that I decided to add a little something extra ;-). I added a baby bird to my branch. Of course this got the instant approval and "awww's" from my co-workers. And I think it actually turned out really nice. After seeing my obvious talent (hahaha right) everyone decided to add baby birds for their kids as well. It turned out to be a "love birds and family" painting and it was really cute.



When Max saw the final product later that night he said it was super cute and that we should hang it in the nursery! I'm so glad he didn't think it was awful :). I told him how much fun I had and that we should totally do it for a date night sometime even though he's not the artist type. After telling him the whole story he agreed and actually wants to go now! I can't wait until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Kristin teaches one of these classes! If you and Max go again you should go to hers!

    ReplyDelete