Monday, December 8, 2014

Thanksgiving Weekend

So I know this is a bit late but I had to wait for some free time to get all the pictures together :).

Thanksgiving weekend was amazing but such a blur! I am from the Bay Area in CA; which is where all my family is currently. Max and I trade which family we spend the holiday with each year, so this year is Thanksgiving with my family in CA and Christmas with his family in AZ.

I was nervous to fly on the plane, not because something was going to happen to the baby but more worried about me! Was I going to have to get up and pee every 5 minutes; was it going to feel weird, was there going be a lot of pressure. But sure enough it was no different than a normal flight. It's also only 2hrs so it couldn't be that bad anyway :).

We landed Wednesday night and had dinner with the family. After that my mom and I started in on the pies, we are the pie ladies in the family. While it may suck to get off the sofa to make them we always have a good time talking and laughing while we bake.

Thursday was awesome per usual. We watched the parade, ate appetizers, watched some football and of course cooked delicious food. Between dinner and dessert we all got around the table for a re-match of Munchkin. Even though this game mysteriously took twice as long as the first Pat still ended up winning. Clearly he is rigging the game ;-).



Now since Black Friday is basically the spawn of Satan I stayed home and watched tv and hung out with the family. However, my mom had to work a 10hr shift! Which totally sucked but we got to hang out later. We of course watched the ASU v. Arizona football game; I'd rather not talk bout it. Boo. The lucky baby clearly feel asleep on the job.

Saturday was a huge day! It marked the 1/2 way point in the pregnancy, 20 weeks, it was my 25th birthday, and it was the fist baby shower for all the CA people who can't travel to AZ! It was a big day :). My sister Katie did an AMAZING job on the shower. She had so many cute decorations and actually really fun games. It was really nice to get to see some family friends and my best friend Katy (yes this has always been confusing).

Auntie Katie!


The girl cake! It was chocolate chocolate chip and the boy one was Pecan.






I guessed most of them right haha


No comments:

Post a Comment