Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Nursery Planning

So since I am a huge nerd and love to plan ahead I went straight to my favorite site: www.floorplanner.com.  I took all the measurements of what will be the nursery and built an amazing floor plan to help me plan where everything is going to go.

We are fortunate enough to be able to get a lot of the major baby items as hammy downs from family and friends. We are beyond amazed and grateful for everything we are getting. But since things are trickling in at different times I had to come up with our nursery layout and plan relatively quickly.

Below are some pictures of how the room is laid out currently. Right now it is my sewing/crochet room. I had this girl cave for all of 5 months, but o well I guess the trade off is pretty great ;-).

This is my sewing table and the green table is the table I cut my fabric on. The green table will have to leave us as it doesn't fit anymore and the new rocker or recliner will take it's place.

This is the bookcase that houses all of my sewing stuff and the closet is behind the ironing board.

This is the TV stand. We are turning this into the baby's "dresser". All the stuff that is in there now will go out to the family room and it will get some nice new white storage bins and house clothes, toys, shoes, diapers, etc.


Now here is the BEST part, the handy dandy floor plan. Really guys this site is amazing. Since our rental house didn't grow and extra room I still had to figure out how to keep my sewing stuff in there as well, which was quite the task.


I decided to put the table the sewing machine sits on in the closet because that allows it to be put away and out out of sight as well as keeps it away from tiny hands :). And since it has accordion doors I can just open them up and sit right there to work without having to move anything. The bookcase is too tall for the closet since there is a shelf in there so I am hoping to screw some doors to it so I can at least close it off and keep all the pointy pins, scissors, and things away

More to come on the girl cave to nursery transformation as things come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment