Sunday, October 12, 2014

Surprise!

We are having a baby!!

"How did you find out?", you might ask, well...

August 12th, as I left for work with a slight cramping feeling the hubby made a pregnancy joke, to which I responded, "If pregnancy feels like period cramps, then there is no hope for the human race." I went off to work and thought nothing of it.

Needless to say after work I came home, looked at the hubby and said "maybe period cramps do feel like being pregnant". To which he blankly stared at me. He quickly recovered and gave me a hug, grabbed my hand and said, "Well let's go get a test then".

Here in Arizona rain is the single greatest event to ever occur. As we opened the front door to leave the clouds unleashed. This was the first summer monsoon of the season, and it was only the beginning of the biggest monsoon season on record.

We drove to Target and grabbed the best and most expensive test we could find figuring it was probably something worth spending the money on :). Once we got home I ran inside partially trying not to get drenched but mostly because I still had like 4 hrs. of pee saved up. 3 minutes later during thunder, lightening, and a huge flood we found out I was pregnant. It was the longest 3 minutes of my life.

For years I had dreamed about the day I would find out I was pregnant. How I would tell the hubby? Would I put shirts on the dogs that said big sister and brother or maybe fill the spare room with pink and blue balloons or plan a baby themed dinner complete with baby spinach and baby carrots. But now that it has happened and we are here I wouldn't have traded it for the world.

We got married in the rain and hail (March in Arizona...who knew) and now we have found out we are having a baby during the second biggest storm Arizona has ever seen. I am sensing a pattern...Well rain is good luck right? Maybe it will rain on April 18, 2015 too :)

So basically this blog is to help all friends and family stay in touch with the going-on's in the Wilson house hold, and for all other moms/dads who need a little inspiration, laugh, or "you are not alone" re-assurance.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment