Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Disposable Diaper Battle Cont. - Babyganics & Seventh Generation

We have officially moved Jack up to size 2 diapers! I know this might be later than most babies but he just didn't get those chunky leg rolls until now.

If you missed my first diaper review you can read it here.

Because of the size change Max's mom bought a small stash of new diapers for her house. She originally had Babyganics but with the new size she decided to change brands and use Seventh Generation. I believe these were both on sale at the time she picked them up at Target. And we all know it's cheaper to buy in bulk so she bought some big boxes and split them with us.

SPOILER ALERT: It's not good.


Babyganics - Size 1
These diapers are not the worst but also not the best. They do have the wetness indicator which we all know I LOVE. However they are not super contoured and they run SMALL. Jack is a relatively small baby. At 3 months he was just over 10 pounds but he was busting out of size ones! I believe they say they go up to 14lbs but I definitely wouldn't push it. I also never left him in them over night, 8 hrs of pee was way too much for them. They never leaked but there were times he was only in them for a few hours and they were full and super squishy wet. They just didn't seem to absorb very much. As far as Jack he didn't mind them. They didn't give him a rash and he never seemed bothered when I would change him. They also didn't stick to his skin even though they were squishy wet which I did really appreciate. Like I said they aren't the best but also not the worst. Just be careful with the sizing!



Seventh Generation - Touch of Cloth - Size 2
These are no good. I am desperately trying to hurry through using them. They don't have the wetness indicator which is a major no-no to me. They also don't seem to absorb very much. I have stopped letting Jack sleep in them because every time I did they would leak pee all over him and his bed. And when I went to take them off it was so squishy that just folding it up to put it in the diaper pail made pee drip out like a wet sponge. It's terrible. So they are day time diapers only. They also seem to fall down on Jack during the day. I put them on nice and high and tight and then a few hours later it's drooping down by his knees. Then when he sits there is a gaping hole by his leg that anything could just leak out of. They just don't seem to be contoured to fit as much as other brands. So far they haven't given him a rash which is good because they are supposed to be all natural. And they don't stick to his skin no matter how wet they get which is really good. But based on the fit and the lack of absorbancy I don't really recommend them.


We still have a giant stash of huggies and pamper size 2 to go through from my baby shower, THANK YOU friends who bought us so many diapers, but after those I am planning to try the Honest Company brand to see how those rank.

But for right now the Brand power ranking is:


Let me know if you have any other diaper brand suggestions or diapering tips and tricks.

1 comment:

  1. I would not recommend Honest diapers. I like them a lot in newborn and size 1 but the size two aren't as absorbent and have less coverage. I also didn't like Babyganics or Luvs. We like Pampers best. My son is 2.5 months and 13 pounds at his two month check up.

    ReplyDelete